Forget everything you thought you knew about rail travel and get ready to experience a luxury journey with an adventurous twist onboard Rocky Mountaineer.
Rocky Mountaineer is one of the world’s most extraordinary train journeys. This inspiring all-daylight rail escapade is the key to unlocking a hidden world of beauty, as you carve through otherwise inaccessible terrain in the Canadian Rockies, looking out for grizzly bears prowling amongst the wildflowers or majestic elks grazing in the lush fields from the comfort of your plush seat. Glass-dome coach ensure that you are, quite literally, surrounded by panoramic views of the Rockies, from emerald forests to icy blue rivers that snake through dramatic gorges.
Rocky Mountaineer benefits from being an all-daylight experience. At the end of each day, you’ll alight the train and be transferred to a nearby beautiful hotel so you can enjoy the very best views by day and the very best comfort by night.
Gold Leaf Seats
Experience Rocky Mountaineer’s wonderful SilverLeaf level of service and you’ll step into a custom-designed single-level dome coach, featuring oversized glass-dome windows and an outdoor viewing platform for taking in the spectacular views. Regionally-inspired meals are served in the comfort of your comfortable reclining seat, which offers ample legroom. You’ll also enjoy a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and gourmet sweet and savoury snacks during your voyage, served to you by two dedicated on-board hosts who will regale you with facts about the incredible scenery you’ll encounter.
- Single level dome coach with full length panoramic windows
- Access to a covered outdoor vestibule for photo opportunities
- Delicious hot breakfasts and lunches served at your seat
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks
- Two dedicated onboard Hosts
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Whistler, Kamloops or Quesnel
- Complimentary luggage delivery to your hotel in Whistler, Quesnel or Kamloops
A new, elevated level of luxury, the Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service offers a host of extravagant touches to make your journey through the Canadian Rockies even more spectacular. The custom-designed bi-level coach boasts an elegant dining room and a roomy outdoor viewing platform on the lower-level, plus spacious, reclining seats and large glass-dome windows on the upper-level. Four dedicated Hosts are on hand to cater to your every whim and inspire you with tales about the history and highlights of the regions that you pass through during your journey.
- Panoramic views from your seat in the upper-level of a custom-designed bi-level dome coach
- Refreshing welcome aboard toast
- Gourmet breakfasts and lunches from an à la carte menu, served in the lower-level of the dome coach
- Complimentary snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Four dedicated onboard Hosts
- Complimentary baggage delivery to your overnight hotel accommodation in Kamloops, Quesnel or Whistler
- Access to the outdoor viewing platform
Rocky Mountaineer Image Gallery
Browse Rocky Mountaineer’s fabulous image gallery below and discover more about life on board.
The Rocky Mountaineer journey begins in Vancouver and travels to Banff.
Vancouver – Kamloops – Banff
Dress onboard Rocky Mountaineer is casual. Here are some recommendations on what you may want to wear onboard the train:
- Comfortable, cool layers as there are expansive windows
- A light jacket or sweater as the air conditioning may feel just right for some, but chilly for others
- Flat-soled shoes with grip to help keep you steady with the natural movement of the train
- A hat and sunglasses for sunny days
No, a journey on board the Rocky Mountaineer is an all-daylight tour, designed so that guests won’t miss any of the majestic scenery of the Canadian Rockies. After a day on board the train, guests are transferred to a hotel for the night.
Guests will spend two or more full days on board the Rocky Mountaineer on a journey that spans roughly 450 kilometers (280 miles) each day.
There is no a smoking or vaping policy of any kind including cigarettes, cannabis, cigars, and e-cigarettes on board Rocky Mountaineer, including vestibules, restrooms, inside the station, on the platforms or near the tracks. There is also no smoking in hotel rooms.
Rocky Mountaineer guests are served hot, gourmet meals with gourmet snacks and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages while on board Rocky Mountaineer.
The Canadian Rockies are wonderful all year round, but each season offers a new and unique perspective. Flora, fauna and wildlife begins to bloom in April and May, while in September, snow begins to fall on the peaks and the salmon run attracts hungry bears and eagles.
Guests opting for GoldLeaf Service travel in a bi-level dome coach. In the upper-level, panoramic views are enjoyed through fully domed windows while gourmet meals are served in the exclusive dining room on the lower level.
Guests opting for SilverLeaf Service travel in a custom-designed single-level dome coach with oversized domed windows. Guests enjoy delicious hot entrées served to them in the comfort of their seats.
Both GoldLeaf Service and SilverLeaf Service guests enjoy gourmet meals and story-telling by our on board host team. No matter which class of service is chosen, all guests will get to experience the jaw-dropping scenery and so much more.
We offer all daylight tours meaning you stay overnight in comfortable accommodation in Kamloops, Quesnel, and Glenwood Springs, the halfway points of the rail journeys. Travelling during this time of the year ensures that we take full advantage of the daylight hours and the spectacular scenery, when the regions show their full colours.